Colette Laurel

by Sew Sarah

I have just finished my third Laurel in a red polkadot Tilda fabric and really not sold. I have been tinkering with the fit, particularly around the bust and arms and it is now a little too baggy. Saying that, it is pretty comfortable and works well for a weekend slouch dress. I finished the neckline and hem with exposed self-made bias binding. I ended up hacking a little too much off the length and needed to scrounge a few precious millimetres! I also hemmed the sleeves flat before I stitched them up and attached them. Made life a little easier. Will do that again in future.

I should really take a photo of it on but not feeling so crash-hot so have decided to stay behind the camera today!

20140520-133240.jpg

Advertisements